Hello all and welcome to the Bloggiesta Social Media mini-challenge! There are many mini-challenges about the details of how to use specific social media sites, but this isn’t one of them. Today, I’d like to focus on the big picture: what kind of content to share on each type of social media and how to use different social media platforms in a complementary way. Basically, this post is for people who start out like me, more uncertain about what to do with these sites than about how to use them. At the end of the post I’ve got a fun giveaway of a $15 gift card to Amazon or TBD, starting at midnight tonight when Bloggiesta officially begins. All you have to do to enter is leave me a comment telling me one thing you’re going to do to improve your social media presence and/or share something you think people should know about using social media. So, here we go!
Tag Archives: twitter
In addition to the fun events of BlogFest, this weekend is also Bloggiesta! Here’s the host post describing the event, which includes a bunch of mini-challenges to get bloggers to interact while improving their blogs. Here’s my to-do list for the challenge:
- complete at least two mini-challenges in both the Organization and Time Management category, and in the Blogging Success and Improvement category
- update review indexes
- think about new header for blog and profile pic for twitter
- update blog roll
- think about future blog events for the holidays, book and movie releases, the election, etc.
- update About page
- work on pinterest, goodreads and twitter involvement
- participate in sunday twitter party
I think that’s plenty to keep me busy! I don’t know that I’ll get everything done, but it’s nice to have somewhere to start