Bout of Books 9.0

Bout of Books
The Bout of Books read-a-thon starts tomorrow and I’m excited for the beginning of a great week of reading! When a read-a-thon goes for a week, I like to keep my goals laid back. Anything else would be too much! So my goal for this Bout of Books is just to eliminate most TV and all gaming in favor of reading. That way, I’m sure to read a bit more than usual  this week. Books I’ll be reading include:
  • The Almost Girl
  • Witch Finder
  • Somewhere in France

Day 1 Progress
Pages Read: 433
Books Read: The Almost GirlSomewhere in France
Books Finished: The Almost Girl
Bonus: did one twitter chat and one of the challenges

Day 2 Progress
Pages Read: 250+1 hour of listening
Books Read: Somewhere in France, Monuments Men, The Way of Kings
Books Finished: Somewhere in France
Bonus: did two challenges

Day 3 Progress
Pages Read: 449+80 minutes of audio
Books Read: Witch FinderEmma, The Way of Kings
Books Finished: Witch Finder
Bonus: ran a challenge! Thanks to everyone who participated and shared your favorite genre with the rest of us :)

Day 4 Progress

Bonus: none

Day 7 Progress
Pages Read: 122 pages
Books Read: Sex and the Founding FathersThe Gods of Heavenly Punishment
Books Finished: Sex and the Founding Fathers
Bonus: none

Are you doing Bout of Books this year? If so, what are your goals for the week?

12 Comments

Filed under Blogger Events

12 Responses to Bout of Books 9.0

1. Andi (Estella's Revenge)

I’m hoping to read between 500-800 pages, visit at least most of the participants, and perhaps do a chat. We’ll see. The reading is priority #1 since I have a LOT on my plate for January! Good luck this week!
    Andi (Estella’s Revenge) recently posted…Reading Update and LOTS of Plans!My Profile

• Oops, I forgot to put doing chats in my goals too, but I would like to make it to a few. I kind of did one last night, but I’ve got to say, Twubs really let me down. It just didn’t seem to handle all the traffic very well! Good luck with all your reading goals :)

2. Ciska @ Ciska's Book Chest

Good luck with the read-a-thon!! Hope you will manage to read all your books.
    Ciska @ Ciska’s Book Chest recently posted…It’s Monday January 6th 2014! What are you reading?My Profile

3. Patty B

I like this idea…unfortuanatly I won’t be able to sign up this time but I will be watching your blog for information on the next one. I have to prepare for a meeting for the 20th and I am nowhere prepared so this week and next will be spent getting everything I need ready…oh why did I procrastinate??!! ;)
    Patty B recently posted…WordPress problemsMy Profile

• Ah well, maybe next time. Since it happens three times a year, there are lots o chances to join in. Good luck getting ready for your meeting! :)

4. Julie S.

I think Bout of Books is a great idea, but with the holidays and being so busy, I’m not participating. You’ve got a great list of books there so enjoy :)
    Julie S. recently posted…Final Life ReviewMy Profile

5. Jennifer @ A Librarian's Library

Great reading on day one! Keep reading!

6. Charlotte @ Thoughts and Pens

My only Reading Challenges for this year are the Goodreads one and Read.Sleep.Repeat’s 2014 Series challenge. A weeklong challenge like this one would really put me on an edge. Bahahaha. Plus, it’s the holidays. I even got delayed with The Way Of Kings read-a-long. xD

Good luck, Katie. I know you can do it. :D
    Charlotte @ Thoughts and Pens recently posted…Book Review: The Promise Of AmazingMy Profile

• Haha, yeah, I’m always a little concerned about feeling stressed out by long challenges like this, but I usually do bout of books because it’s so laid back. I always just try to read more than I normally would and that’s not too hard to do :) I’m caught up on reading for the Way of Kings read-a-long, but still need to make time to write my post for the week. I’m loving it so far though! It seems like a spectacular book.