Non-Fiction Friday is a link-up where you can find all of the awesome non-fiction happenings of the week. Be sure to link-up your non-fiction posts too!
Non-Fiction News and Resources
- I always like a good list of reasons to read non-fiction (via Sophie at Paper Breathers)
- Although I’m getting a bit tired of non-fiction news focusing on young readers, I thought this article quantifying core requirements for non-fiction was interesting
- And this new non-fiction series aimed at teens seemed interesting too
- I found this infographic describing how to write a non-fiction book was a bit disappointing since it recommends authors publish in the most popular genres. Perhaps good advice for authors, but as a reader, I’d just been wishing for more variety in the non-fiction books I get pitches for.
- Interesting books coming out this week include:
- Soft Soil, Black Grapes: The Birth of Italian Winemaking in California
- The Cosmic Cocktail: Three Parts Dark Matter
- Stand Up Straight and Sing! (via Monica of A Lovely Bookshelf on the Wall)
- Eliot Ness: The Rise and Fall of an American Hero
- The Tale of the Dueling Neurosurgeons: And Other True Stories of Trauma, Madness, Affliction, and Recovery That Reveal the Surprising History of the Human Brain