Nonfiction Friday is a link-up where you can find all of the awesome nonfiction happenings of the week.
- This week, finalists were announced for a new award for best reviews of “serious, public-affairs focused’ books, the Kukula Award for Excellence in Nonfiction Book Reviewing.
- With the recent surge in interest in books about race, the 23-year-old “Why Are All the Black Kids Sitting Together in the Cafeteria?” is back on the best seller list and this short interview with the author gives a longer term perspective on current events.
- I’d second many of these recommendations of summer nonfiction books that read like a novel.
- The School Library Journal also has 18 nonfiction recommendations for your middle grader.
- Nonfiction new releases to anticipate in the next week include: