Nonfiction Friday is a link-up where you can find all of the awesome nonfiction happenings of the week.
- I loved this friendly, thoughtful debate about how strictly nonfiction authors should stick to the facts. Although this discussion was specifically about children’s books, I think a lot of the ideas apply to all nonfiction.
- Another great article on children’s nonfiction and how kids might like nonfiction more than you think.
- Smithsonian Magazine has 5 new nonfiction books to recommend.
- And so do I:
- The Kidnap Years: The Astonishing True History of the Forgotten Kidnapping Epidemic That Shook Depression-Era America
- The Shadow System: Mass Incarceration and the American Family
- Ordinary Insanity: Fear and the Silent Crisis of Motherhood in America
- Square Haunting: Five Writers in London Between the Wars
- Weird: The Power of Being an Outsider in an Insider World