Nonfiction Friday is a link-up where you can find all of the awesome nonfiction happenings of the week.
- It’s been a good week for nonfiction news! Let’s start with some exciting movie adaptations that are in the works. We got some more info on the Just Mercy adaptation, including a new trailer and some casting details.
- I also just found out this the week that the first narrative nonfiction book I read, Mitchel Zuckoff’s Lost in Shangri-La is going to be turned into a movie, with the author helping to write the screenplay.
- A new nonfiction imprint has also been announced. Coming from Zondervan, a leading publisher of bibles, Zondervan Thrive will focus on personal development, relationships, etc.
- In award news, YALSA has announced their 2020 YA nonfiction award finalists.
- And apparently podcasts can now win the Pulitzer.
- Last but not least, it wouldn’t be December without some best-of lists. I particularly enjoyed this list of author recommendations for readers. Powell’s also has a great list of the best nonfiction of 2019, while AudioFile has some nonfiction audiobooks from 2019 to recommend.
- It seems to be a slow week for new releases though, so that’s all I’ve got for you! If there are books you’re looking forward to that I misses, leave them in the comments 🙂