Nonfiction Friday is a link-up where you can find all of the awesome nonfiction happenings of the week. Be sure to link-up your nonfiction posts too!
- I always love Bustle’s book lists and their list of nonfiction to look forward to in February includes many books I’m already excited about, plus some fascinating books I’d not heard of (a memoir from an exorcist, for example!).
- I’m very excited to see the National Book Award add a category for works in translation and I’ll be even more excited if there are some nonfiction nominees. Translated fiction doesn’t get enough attention, but I think translated nonfiction is even harder to find!
- Although I know many readers who love fiction despite being forced to read it in school, I still feel like students are missing out when they’re given so little nonfiction. Learning how to read nonfiction seems like a critical skill in the age of the internet and if students started reading nonfiction early, perhaps fewer adults would be intimidated by the genre.
- On a happier note, Scholastic is starting a new nonfiction imprint for young readers.
- Interesting books coming out in the next week include: