Nonfiction Friday is a link-up where you can find all of the awesome nonfiction happenings of the week. Be sure to link-up your nonfiction posts too!
- A lot of the books on this list of Nonfiction Reads for the Fall are books I’ve loved or am excited to pick up!
- I’ve not seen the NYT Match Book column before, but loved the response to this reader request for newsy nonfiction that will inspire book club debate
- If you’ve read and love Joan Didion’s essays, it sounds like the new documentary about her has a lot of great interviews.
- There are an excessively large number of great books coming out in the next week and to get you excited for Nonfiction November (which starts in just over a week!) I’m going to share
1011 of them this week:
- Member of the Family: My Story of Charles Manson, Life Inside His Cult, and the Darkness That Ended the Sixties
- The Lost Species: Great Expeditions in the Collections of Natural History Museums
- Out of the Shadow of a Giant: Hooke, Halley, and the Birth of Science
- The Fate of Rome: Climate, Disease, and the End of an Empire
- Ask an Astronaut: My Guide to Life in Space
- American Radical: Inside the World of an Undercover Muslim FBI Agent
- Hitler in Los Angeles: How Jews Foiled Nazi Plots Against Hollywood and America
- Ghosts of the Tsunami: Death and Life in Japan’s Disaster Zone
- The Written World: The Story of Literature and How It Shaped History
- The Thin Light of Freedom: Civil War and Emancipation in the Heart of America
- The Second Coming of the KKK: The Ku Klux Klan of the 1920s and the American Political Tradition