I’ve really gotten back into reading and blogging this month and it’s been a ton of fun. I actually made it through 13 books this month! I hope you all had a great August too 🙂
13 books! I think more of them may have been fiction and/or shorter, but I also actually read more than last month. Here they are:
- The Portable Nineteenth-Century African American Women Writers
- Citizen Science: How Ordinary People are Changing the Face of Discovery
- This Book Is Overdue!: How Librarians and Cybrarians Can Save Us All
- Emma in the Night
- All the Rave : The Rise and Fall of Shawn Fanning’s Napster
- The No. 1 Ladies’ Detective Agency
- Whipping Girl: A Transsexual Woman on Sexism and the Scapegoating of Femininity
- Still Alice
- The Great Quake: How the Biggest Earthquake in North America Changed Our Understanding of the Planet
- Of Fire and Stars
- The Emperor’s Soul
- Certain Dark Things
I didn’t do any events last month, but I’m still kind of surprised to see that my top post was a review, a review of What She Ate.
I actually have no specific events I’m planning on doing in September, so I’d love to hear what you’ll be doing this month. I am looking forward to doing some more reading though, especially for Platypire’s Diversity challenge. Update – Since writing this, I’ve found the sign-ups for Reader’s Imbibing Peril (RIPXII) and am planning on joining in. I also forgot Bloggiesta is happening in September since, unfortunately, I won’t be able to join in this year.