Wow! It’s only the first week of Nonfiction November and I’m having so much fun already. Thank you all for joining in and making this a great event! Today, I’ll be recapping your answers to this week’s prompt. First, I’m excited that all of you are looking to meet new bloggers and find new nonfiction to read. Be sure to visit each other’s post so you can connect with new bloggers! For finding new nonfiction, I’m here to help you out today, because I’ll be sharing one book each blogger mentioned as either their favorite or most recommended read of the year. Here we go!
Your Nonfiction Recommendations
- A Thousand Naked Strangers: A Paramedic’s Wild Ride to the Edge and Back – Amanda at A Bookshelf Monstrosity
- An Astronaut’s Guide to Life on Earth: What Going to Space Taught Me About Ingenuity, Determination, and Being Prepared for Anything – Julz at Julz Reads
- Half the Sky: Turning Oppression Into Opportunity for Women Worldwide – Rachel at Hibernator’s Library
- Beginning French: Lessons from a Stone Farmhouse – Debbie at Exurbanis
- Hillbilly Elegy: A Memoir of a Family and Culture in Crisis – Sarah at Sarah’s Book Shelves
- The Improbability Principle: Why Coincidences, Miracles, and Rare Events Happen Every Day – Katherine at Writerly Reader
- If at Birth You Don’t Succeed: My Adventures with Disaster and Destiny – Heather at Based on a True Story
- A Slip of the Keyboard – Kailana at The Written World
- Shrill: Notes from a Loud Woman – Shannon at River City Reading
- Chasing Water: Elegy of an Olympian – Stacey at Unruly Reader
- The Philadelphia Chromosome: A Mutant Gene and the Quest to Cure Cancer at the Genetic Level – JoAnn at Lakeside Musing
- Drink: The Intimate Relationship Between Women and Alcohol – Eva at The Paperback Princess
- On the Trails of Genghis Kahn – Nancy at ipsofactodotme
- Beatles VS Stones – Debbie at The Friday Friends
- And the Band Played On: Politics, People, and the AIDS Epidemic – RR Gilmore at Travel Far
- Moonwalking with Einstein: The Art and Science of Remembering Everything – raidergirl3 at an adventure in reading
- Challenge: A Daily Meditation Program Based on the Spiritual Exercises of Saint Ignatius – Nick at One Catholic Life
- The Food Lab: Better Home Cooking Through Science – Louise at Lone Star on a Lark
- Spaceman : An Astronaut’s Unlikely Journey to Unlock the Secrets of the Universe – Ottavia at Novels and Nonfiction
- As you wish: Inconceivable Tales from the Making of the Princess Bride – Sharlene at Real Life Reading
- Charlotte Brontë: A Fiery Heart – Amanda at Gun in Act One
- Ten Days in a Mad-House – Athira at Reading on a Rainy Day
- Troublemaker: Surviving Hollywood and Scientology – B. B. Toady
- The Knowledge: How to Rebuild Our World After an Apocalypse – Ellie at Curiosity Killed the Bookworm
- The Complete Review Guide to Contemporary World Fiction – Emma at Words and Peace
And in case this isn’t enough for you, I’ll add more books to the list if people link up more posts and you can always visit each post for additional recommendations!
What’s Coming Next
- On twitter, let’s use the hashtag #NonficNov so we can all find each other 🙂
- I’m looking forward to next Monday, when we’ll be discussing how we choose nonfiction with Rachel at Hibernator’s Library!
- I’ll also have a post up, on Thursday, with discussion questions for the first half of Neurotribes.
Thanks again for joining us for this fun event! I can’t wait to see what the rest of the month holds.