I can’t believe this has come up so quickly, but we’re almost done with our first Nonfiction Book Club read-along! This second set of discussion questions will cover the rest of the book. I’ve included a link-up for your discussion posts that will be open through the end of the month and you can answer questions in the comments if you prefer. This post also includes a poll for a time for a twitter chat, so if you’re interested in participating, please vote and let me know what time would be best for you. I’ll post my answers and the time of the twitter chat Thursday evening.
- Do you have a favorite fun fact from the second half of the book?
- Other than other people, what do you think you’d miss most if you had to spend an extended period of time in space?
- Do you think you’d be good at the meticulous planning required for a mission in space?
- Do you like that Mary Roach asks the questions no one else asks (body odor, sex) or would you rather just not know?
- Would you be willing to stay in bed for months if someone paid you your current salary to do so?
- Do you think NASA should be able to recruit astronauts based on their genetics?
After you answer the questions, be sure to fill out this doodle poll to help pick our twitter chat time if you’re interested in joining in!