We made it everyone! Although I’m sad to be wrapping up Nonfiction November today, I had a fantastic time and I hope you all did too. I always love seeing nonfiction reviews from other book bloggers, so reading everyone’s posts and reviews this month was a real joy for me. This past week, we topped off our month long celebration of nonfiction with a look back at all the books we added to our to-read lists throughout the month. Like Kim said for the first week, recapping everything from every post would be overwhelming, so below I’m going to share with you one book each blogger added to their TBR.
New To Your TBR
- Lives in Ruins – Julie (Julz Reads)
- The Collapse: The Accidental Opening of the Berlin Wall – Sarah (Sarah’s Book Shelves)
- The Initiates: A Comic Artist and Wine Artisan Exchange Jobs – Trish (Love, Laughter, Insanity)
- Nothing To Envy: Ordinary Lives In North Korea – Musing From a Bookmammal
- The Queen of Katwe: A Story of Life, Chess, and One Extraordinary Girl’s Dream of Becoming a Grandmaster – Beth (Too Fond)
- The Emperor of All Maladies: A Biography of Cancer – Travis (Head Subhead)
- One Summer: America, 1927 – Katherine (The Writely Reader)
- The Inconvenient Indian: A Curious Account of Native People in North America – Heather (Based on a True Story)
- Bad Feminist – Caro (A Girl that Likes Books)
- Stiff: The Curious Live of Human Cadavers – Kelly (The Well-Read Redhead)
- Warrior Women: An Archaeologist’s Search for History’s Hidden Heroines – Becca (I’m Lost In Books)
- Capital: The Eruption of Delhi – TJ (My Book Strings)
- Starbucked: A Double Tall Tale of Caffeine, Commerce and Culture – Ellie (Book Addicted Blonde)
- Running Like a Girl – Leslie (Regular Ruminations)
- The Birth of the Pill – Kim (Sophisticated Dorkiness)
- Trip of the tongue: Cross-country Travels in Search of America’s Languages – Caroline (More Thoughts, Vicar?)
- The Skies Belong to Us: Love and Terror in the Golden Age of Highjacking and Desperate Passage: The Donner Party’s Perilous Journey West– Holly & Amanda (Gun in Act One)
- Serving Victoria: Life in the Royal Household – Carrie (Other Women’s Stories)
- Plug In Drug: Television, Computers & Family Life – Bex (An Armchair By the Sea)
- How to Be a Victorian – Jess (Confessions of A Book Hoarder)
- Books, Baguettes & Bedbugs: The Left Bank World of Shakespeare & Co – C.J. (ebookclassics)
- Talking Hands: What Sign Language Reveals About the Human Mind – Sharlene (Olduvai Reads)
- Empty Mansions – Lory (The Emerald City Book Review)
- The Man Who Loved Books Too Much – Julie (Julz Reads)
- Severed: A History of Heads Lost and Heads Found – Shannon (River City Readin’)
- Can’t We Talk About Something More Pleasant?, Worn Stories, and A Visit to Don Otavio – Sharlene (Olduvai Reads)
- Striking Gridiron – Sarah (Sarah’s Book Shelves)
- Burnt Toast Makes You Sing Good: A Memoir of Food and Love from an American Midwest Family – Carrie (Other Women’s Stories)
- The End of Your Life Book Club – Katie (Doing Dewey)
- Paris Letters – Carol (Carol’s Chatter)
- What Are You Looking At: 150 Years of Modern Art in the Blink of an Eye – Carol (Carol’s Chatter)
- Sex, Love, and DNA (author interview) – Aloi (Guiltless Reading)
- The Unpersuadables: Adventures with the Enemies of Science – Katherine (The Writely Reader)
If you’d like to revisit our month in nonfiction, you can check out our wrap up posts:
- Week 1 – Your Year In Nonfiction
- Week 2 – Be/Become/Ask The Expert
- Week 3 – Diversity and Nonfiction
Thanks you all for joining in! I hope you had a great month and go forth to do some more nonfiction reading next year!
I didn’t get to read or join in as many events as I had hoped, but this was a great event.
Congrats to all 4 of you for hosting something that will actually be a great resource for Non-fiction lovers all round the world.
When I have some more time, I hope to troll through all the blogs above for more wishlist books & new reading obsessions!!
Thanks again – a big pat on the back for everyone involved 🙂
Honestly, I didn’t get to read as many books as I would have liked either! I’ve been inspired to do lots of nonfiction reading in December though 🙂
Thanks for joining in!
Lory @ Emerald City Book Review
Thank you again for hosting. It was a fantastic month!
Thanks for joining in! I think I speak for all the hosts when I say, we had a ton of fun 🙂
Thank you for hosting! It was my first time taking part and I had a great time. Plus my TBR list is groaning! 🙂
Thanks for joining in! My TBR is overloaded too 🙂
I love that you added to your TBR based on Becca adding a book I reviewed to hers! The power of blogs!
Hahaha, yep! I’ve been adding even more based on other bloggers’ round-up posts too. Blogs really are a wonderful way to discover new books 🙂
Kim (Sophisticated Dorkiness)
That is such a great list of books. I’m really excited to revisit the wrap up posts throughout the year when I’m on the lookout for some new nonfiction recommendations. Thanks for hosting this week 🙂 (This is how behind on comments I am!!)
Haha, yep, and this is how behind on comments I am! It’s a busy time of year. Thanks for letting me help with the hosting! I had a lot of fun 🙂