Non-Fiction News and Resources
- As part of the Bouchercon World Mystery Convention, the Anthony Award nominees in nonfiction have been announced and they include a book called Mastermind: How to Think Like Sherlock Holmes which was one of the first nonfiction ARCs I ever reviewed
- Similarly, that same book and some other great, mystery-related nonfiction are being nominated for the Agatha Awards
- This really interesting post asks why we compare the best nonfiction to fiction. Good question! Personally I think it might be to counter the bad rap nonfiction often gets for being dry. When I read a great nonfiction book, I want even people who typically read fiction to realize that this book is exciting.
- Here are some awesome, science nonfiction recommendations – all books I’d like to get to!
- And if that’s not enough for your TBR list, here are this week’s exciting new releases:
- Within Arm’s Length: A Secret Service Agent’s Definitive Inside Account of Protecting the President
- Gender in the Media
- Abortion in the American Imagination: Before Life and Choice, 1880-1940
- The Grapes of Math: How Life Reflects Numbers and Numbers Reflect Life
- Clarity, Cut, and Culture: The Many Meanings of Diamonds