Musing Mondays asks you to muse about one of the following each week…
• Describe one of your reading habits.
• Tell us what book(s) you recently bought for yourself or someone else, and why you chose that/those book(s).
• Tell us what you’re reading right now — what you think of it, so far; why you chose it; what you are (or, aren’t) enjoying it.
• Do you have a bookish rant? Something about books or reading (or the industry) that gets your ire up? Share it with us!
• Instead of the above questions, maybe you just want to ramble on about something else pertaining to books — let’s hear it, then!
I’m feeling a bit under the weather today so I’m going to keep this short and sweet. I met almost all of my Bloggiesta goals. I finished cross-listing posts to 2 of 3 sites I use, wrote 3 of the 6 reviews I wanted to, and did 8 min-challenges even though I was only shooting for 6. Although I slept through the Saturday twitter chat, I had a lot of fun with the Sunday one. Here’s a list of what I got done:
- finished updating goodreads, librarything
- figured out how to sync librarything with goodreads, thanks to Anya of On Starships and Dragonwings
- slept through saturday chat, but attended sunday’s
- wrote three reviews
- participated in the following challenges
- How to Host a Giveaway
- What is IFTTT and How Do I Use It? (answer: it’s awesome! You must check this one out!)
- Brainstorming for Post Ideas
- Digital Decluttering (I organized by blog folder, creating subfolders for icons, pictures, and blog info with things like interview questions I’ve answered)
- Bloggiesta Master To Do List
- How to Choose Which Bloggers to Follow
- Book Blogging Heroes
- 50 Bookish Things To Do Before You Die
- and two I didn’t have time for, but really want to come back to:
- How to Host a Digital Book Club
- How to Make Goodreads Work for You
Did you participate in Bloggiesta? Do you have any blogging events coming up that you’re excited for?
Yey! Happy to help 😀
Thanks Anya! I’ve been posting things to both sites and it’s so time consuming. Being able to just sync them completely rocks my socks 🙂
Hollie @ Music, Books and Tea
Congrats on getting so much completed! I really loved the mini challenges this time around, I thought they were so useful. I wish I could have participated in a Twitter chat but I just didn’t have the time to in the end, unfortunately.
I liked the mini challenges too! I felt like I really learned a lot from them this year 🙂
I wanted to do Bloggiesta but just didn’t have the time this weekend…next time though I’m totally in 🙂
I honestly only spent a few hours on it and it was still a lot of fun, so you should definitely hop in next time 🙂
Jo @ Mixed Book Bag
I am exhausted just reading your list. Here is my post; MM
Haha, it wasn’t as much work as it looks like! A lot of the challenges were pretty fast to do. Hopefully next time I”ll fit in more review writing!
Jessica B (@BooksATrueStory)
Whoa 8 mini-challenges is awesome! I only managed to do 4. I loved the IFTTT challenge too 🙂 And thanks for doing my mini-challenge. 🙂 Sounds like you had a successful weekend!
IFTTT is so cool! I definitely needed to organize as well, so I thought your challenge was a great idea. Thanks for hosting!
Wow, that’s awesome. And yes, it’s exhausting reading your list but it sounds like you had fun and met a lot of your goals.
Thanks! I did have a lot of fun and while I wish I’d gotten more reviews done, I did finish the ones I’ve been putting off for longest, so I consider it a success 🙂
I had a great time doing bloggiesta for the first time. You are so right about IFTTT. I told everyone at work who even might think of maybe using social media that they must check it out.
Where has IFTTT been all my life?! At first I didn’t think I had any problems it could solve, since I can use hootsuite to post selectively to my social media sites, but being able to automatically post only specific things using rules instead of having to remember to do it myself is completely awesome 🙂
I’m super impressed by how much you got done for Bloggiesta. Congrats!
Thanks! I actually only had a few hours to spend on, so I was happy with how much I got done 🙂
Congrats on meeting your goals. Here’s my MM: http://daystarz.wordpress.com/2013/09/24/musing-mondays-9/
Jennifer @ The Relentless Reader
I didn’t end up participating in Bloggiesta. Boo Jennifer! I’m still hoping to check out all of the challenges though 😀
Hope you’re feeling better!
Some of the challenges were extremely helpful, so I’d recommend it 🙂 I’m feeling almost completely better today. Still a bit congested, but far less out of it than I was earlier this week!
Allison @ The Book Wheel
WOW! You managed to get a lot done! Thank for participating in the 50 Bookish 🙂
Thanks Allison and thanks for hosting the challenge! I still want to update my list more, maybe by scoping out lists from people who started them during the challenge to get some more ideas 🙂
RebeccaScaglione - Love at First Book
Amazing that you got all of that accomplished!!! Keep it up!
Thanks Rebecca 🙂 I didn’t have much time to do, but a lot of the challenges were quick and I ended up being happy with what I got done.